London South Bank University was established in 1892 and since then has grown to be one of the largest universities in London with over 20,000 students from over 130 different countries. With such a diverse student body, the university has a very lively and cosmopolitan atmosphere.
The University's seven schools not only educate students, but also equip them with transferrable practical skills aimed to enhance employability.
The University is located in the heart of London, close to many of the major cultural, retail and financial centres, makes it an attractive place to study in the UK. The high quality education, teaching facilities, student support services and international scholarships offered, position LSBU as an ideal choice of study for international students.
Areas of Achievement
- All LSBU courses are accredited or developed in partnership with industry, giving many students exemptions when pursing further professional exams
- LSBU is the No 1 modern London university for graduate job prospects (Complete University Guide 2016)
- The University is currently one of the Top 15 universities in the United Kingdom for graduate starting salaries (Sunday Times League Table 2016)
- A study produced by PricewaterHouseCoopers has certified that LSBU graduates can anticipate that their degree will boost their life-time earnings by £185,000, which is £25,000 higher than the UK average.
- According to the most recent Quality Assurance Agency Report, LSBU has the highest possible rating for the quality of its education.
- LSBU is No. 2 amongst London modern universities for Research Intensity (Complete University Guide 2016)
- LSBU is a top London modern university for ‘impact’ with 73% of our research awarded the highest quality rating of 4* or 3* - which is considered outstanding and very considerable in terms of their reach and significance. (Research Excellent Framework 2014)
- LSBU is one of the UK's leading Knowledge Transfer (KT) providers and is among a handful of universities that have been commended by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) for its KT work.