The University of East London (UEL) is a vibrant, modern university with a highly diverse population of 19,000 students drawn from more than 120 nationalities.
We enjoy a superb location in east London, just a short train ride from the city centre. Our two campuses are in the Royal Docks area and nearby London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics host city, Stratford: it is one of Europe’s largest regeneration zones and a magnet for high-tech companies and arts organisations.
Our heritage as an educational institution dates back when we were founded in 1898. Nowadays, we are a forward-thinking place of learning with cutting-edge facilities, embracing new technology and innovative ways of teaching.
The University of East London (UEL) aims to be London’s leading university for civic engagement, deepening your learning experience by giving you the chance to work on real-life projects at home and abroad.
We are committed to making a difference to society through world-class, high-impact research and by fostering confident, life-ready individuals capable of achieving extraordinary things for themselves and their communities.
We are proud of our diversity and inclusiveness, and we are pioneering new ways of giving you the richest possible university experience and skills that will maximise your career prospects.
The University of East London offers more than 300 undergraduate and postgraduate courses and a variety of research opportunities, plus distance and online learning courses.
Top 10 reasons to study at UEL
- Experience London’s finest attractions – UEL’s campuses are based within 30 minutes of central London, giving you easy access to iconic landmarks and all the rich cultural and entertainment options that London has to offer.
- Impressive facilities –We have been ranked among the top universities in the UK for investment per student `thanks to our exemplary teaching and learning facilities.
- Career-focused courses – We offer a broad range of highly practical courses, and our students get the opportunity to learn on real-life projects, giving you practical skills and experience that employers are looking for.
- High employability rate – We are proud that 87% of our students are either in employment or in further study within six months of graduating.
- Intensive research – We are one of UK’s leading modern universities for research. 94% of our research is officially classified as either ‘internationally recognised’ or ‘higher’ (REF2014)
- Specialist support services – Our support hubs include specialist helpdesks to cater for your every need or problem.
- Massive savings on tuition fees – With full-time UK 3-years undergraduate degrees and 1-year postgraduate, there is huge potential to save thousands of pounds.
- World-class sports facilities –UEL’s state-of-the-art SportsDock complex based at our Docklands campus was used by Team USA as their training base during the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics.
- Active Alumni network – UEL’s vibrant alumni network helps international students to stay in contact with social activities and good career networking opportunities.
- Free international orientation programme – The International Office offers a comprehensive induction programme to welcome new international students to UEL.