With nearly 13,000 students, including over 3000 international students from over 120 countries from around the world, the University of Surrey is a vibrant place to live and study.
Surrey is one of the UK’s leading professional, scientific and technological universities with a world-class profile. With a history dating back more than 120 years, Surrey has a global reputation for excellence in teaching and research.
The University campus is set in 700 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds on the edge of Guildford's historic town centre, and just a short walk from the rail station.
We offer a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses at the University of Surrey. You might also be interested in our International Foundation Year; Pre-sessional English programmes; English Language Support Programme.
Points of Pride
- The University is currently ranked fourth in The Guardian’s 2016 UK university league table and eighth in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016.
- Surrey is also delighted to have been awarded the title of University of the Year overall and University of the Year for Student Experience by the Times Good University Guide 2016.
- The 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) classified a significant amount of research at the University of Surrey as 'world-leading’, ranking in the top quartile of all universities in the UK for Biomedical Sciences, Electronic Engineering and Hospitality and Tourism.
- According to the Times Higher Education (THE), Surrey also ranked in the top 20 for Economics and Sociology.
- 78% of the University’s research outputs were ranked either 4* or 3*: of a quality that is world-leading or internationally excellent in terms of originality, significance and rigour.
Surrey focuses on providing a ‘complete education’ – combining personal development, academic learning and real world application into an unbeatable blend of skills, knowledge and professional experience. Its Professional Training placement programme is one of the largest in the world, with over 2,300 partner organisations in the UK and overseas. The placement experience provides students opportunities to put their skills into practice and to experience a real working environment, contributing to employability after graduation.
New figures from the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) reveal that the University of Surrey is ranked in second place for graduate employability, when compared with chartered universities in England. The figures reveal that 96.9% of Surrey’s graduates were in work (or further education) six months after they graduated. Our consistently high placing in the HESA figures is a result of our relentless focus on graduate employability and the success of our Professional Training placements.
We value our links with Canada and we have welcomed Canadian students at Surrey for a number of years – we currently have 40 students from Canada studying here. Our Regional Manager regularly attends exhibitions and visits schools in Canada to support students through the application process.
We have a range of programmes that are of interest to students from Canada. In particular, our 2 year Law Senior Status LLB (for those students with a bachelor’s degree in another subject) is popular with students who wish to return to Canada to practice law after graduation.
“I've had the unbelievable opportunity to be included in a community that is wonderful in every aspect. Every single day is part of a journey that I'm going to remember for the rest of my life." – Sai/ Canada
We value our links with the United States of America and we have welcomed American students at Surrey for a number of years – we currently have around 50 students from the USA studying here. The Regional Manager regularly attends exhibitions and visits schools in the USA to support students through the application process.
“It was particularly helpful living in University accommodation during my first year as it gave me the opportunity to meet lots of people. It was great having my own space.”- Lorelei/ USA