Brooklyn College (BC) is an integral part of the civic, urban and artistic energy of New York City. Our programs will take you from one of the most beautiful campuses in the USA, and into research laboratories, corporate offices, and artistic and cultural communities. We believe that a strong academic foundation, coupled with real-world experience, allow our students to be exceptionally prepared to meet the challenges of the global marketplace.
For more than 80 years, we have attracted a wide variety of motivated students with our superb offerings of 125 undergraduate and 70 graduate degree programs in the visual, creative and performing arts; humanities; finance; sciences; education and business.
Every year, our students garner prestigious national and international recognition, including Rhodes, Beinecke and Ford Foundation Scholarships, the Salk Institute Award, the Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship, and many others.
Our International Student Service office takes great pride in welcoming students from around the world. The office provides guidance and support to ensure you are successfully acclimated to the School and your new surroundings. We also organize special events and workshops that are designed to enhance your experience with us, living in New York, and in the United States.
Why Brooklyn College?
Students should come to Brooklyn College because:
- Fiske Guide to Colleges presented us with four stars for our academics, and the U.S. News & World Report ranked us as one of “America's Best Colleges.”
- Our offering of prestigious internships in every career pursuit—financial, media, and government offices—ensures our students will have an impressive resume before they graduate.
- We are located on a beautiful twenty-six-acre campus, convenient to the artistic and financial centers of downtown Brooklyn and New York City.
- Our Conservatory of Music is considered among New York City's leading schools in the training of musicians.
- Our Theatre Department was ranked by the Princeton Review as 14th in the USA in the training of actors, directors, set/costume/lighting designers, dramaturgs, performing arts managers, and theatre technicians.
Building for the Future
Brooklyn College is constructing a new center for the performing arts, which will provide a fitting home for its award-winning performance programs. The College is also deep into the planning stages for a new state-of-the-art science complex.