Florida SouthWestern State College is a four-year degree granting college offering a variety of undergraduate degrees, associate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of subjects. FSW as it is popularly known, operates four campuses in Florida and welcomes international students from around the world on to its programs.
A Bit of History:
FSW traces its origin to the Edison Junior College that was started in 1962. With a focus on community building, the Edison Junior College offered 81 courses and students could complete a two year Associate of Arts degree. Over the years, the junior college grew in size and stature and course offerings. In 2014, the name Florida SouthWestern State College was formally adopted.
Why Choose FSW?
- Five constituent schools offering an excellent selection of programs
- Diverse student population
- Programs taught by academic experts
- Course curriculum designed in partnership with industry-experts
- Programs designed to facilitate progression to a higher degree course or a relevant job
- Three admission intakes every year
- Over 30 student organizations that support student interests
- State-of-the-art on-campus accommodation facilities