A leader in the education of artists and designers…
Founded in 1826, Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) is the oldest continuously degree-granting college of art in the USA. MICA redefines boundaries in the art and design fields. Its innovative curriculum, well-equipped campus, and world-class faculty all have a single purpose: provide the education, experiences, and resources needed to prepare artist and designers who will lead in the 21st century.
Why Study at MICA?
- MICA was ranked among the top ten of MFA programs in the visual arts, third in Graphic Design, third in Sculpture, and fourth in Painting/Drawing in the U.S. News & World Report
- For nine years consistently, MICA has been listed as a top producer of Fulbright Fellows among specialty schools by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and was ranked first - three times in recent years.
- Named one of the top two studio arts programs in the USA by Parade magazine
- Listed among the 25 best U.S. design schools by ID magazine
- Selected as a top 20 U.S. design school by GDUSA magazine
- The Princeton Review named MICA "Best Northeastern College" for eight years consistently
Residential Life at MICA
Residence halls at Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) are more than just places to sleep. Out-of-classroom learning experiences will account for a significant amount of a student's education at MICA. Students are encouraged to use their time in college housing to participate in activities, develop new friendships, and learn more about themselves and others who live in their community. More details in the Residential Life Section.