Merrimack College is located in North Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack was founded in 1947 by the by the Order of Saint Augustine, in particular due to the dedication of Reverend Vincent A. McQuade. Since its inception in 1947, the College has grown significantly to become a 220-acre modern campus of academic, student life, and residence buildings. More than 22,000 students have graduated from Merrimack since its founding.
Offering an immersive learning experience by fusing the best ideas of Catholic and Augustinian traditions, Merrimack is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and College through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
With more than 100 academic programs including self-designed majors; opportunities to major, minor, and double major across disciplines; and accelerated graduate degrees through the innovative Grad Advantage program, Merrimack offers students a wealth of academic programming from which to choose.
Merrimack has been ranked one of the top 10 best colleges in the Northeast for the last 5 years by U.S. News & World Report, and is consistently rated a “Best in the Northeast” college by Princeton Review.
Why Choose Merrimack?
- Consistently ranked among the ‘Best Value for Money Colleges’ by Money Magazine
- Over 3000 undergraduate students representing 32 US states and 29 countries and 450 graduate students
- 100+ academic programs
- 13-to-1 student-teacher ratio
- Strong hands-on learning opportunities program for all majors – internships, co-ops, study abroad, service learning, and undergraduate research
- Highly ranked comprehensive career preparation services
- Just 25 miles north of Boston
- 75% of students reside on campus
- More than 50 student organizations and activities
- Strong athletic programs and school spirit