ip target image
You are currently browsing our site with content tailored to students in your country

Our cookies

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience with personalized content, relevant ads and enhanced functionalities. By allowing all you agree to the use of cookies as per the cookie policy and remember you can manage your preferences anytime.
About Author

Paul Ellett

Paul Ellett




English & Media


Paul Ellett is the editor for Hotcourses Abroad. His role is to plan, produce and share editorial, videos, infographics, eBooks and any other content to inform prospective and current international students about their study abroad experience. When he's not thinking about student visas in Sweden and application deadlines, Paul is an avid fan of comedy podcasts and Nicolas Cage films.

Student accommodation in Canada

Student accommodation in Canada

On-campus accommodation in Canada It’s common for most students to live in on-campus halls in their first year. On-campus housing is referred to as ‘residence’ or simply ‘rez’ for short. The great thing about being on campus is that you’re never too far from your lecture halls, meaning you can roll out of bed in time. You will be prompted to arrange housing once you’ve been offered a place at a Canadian university. Usually you can arrange this online through

Show more

Get in touch