One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
Admission to a good sound engineering post-graduate course in the States.
Shubhanshu Pathak Shubhanshu Pathak Member Join date: Jul, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
Hi! I m currently pursuing B.Tech from CSE. I want to do sound engineering from a good US institute. I want to know about the admission procedure and the scholarships available. I have heard that if one wants to do pg course in audio engineering then one has to have a bachelor degree in electronics or electrical. Is it true? Please enlighten me.
  • July 03, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Kunal Ambasht Kunal Ambasht Expert Join date: Jul, 2013 Posts: 36 Points: 540 Trusted Advisor

Dear Shubhanshu,

It is good to see that you have identified a niche area of interest for yourself. Believe me, it is the most critical part of your career. The flip side of being very specific is that your options will be limited. The departments offering programs in audio/sound engineering will generally check your statement of purpose, undergraduate(Bachelors) transcripts(an evaluation by WES might also be required), english language proficiency and financial ability.  Some institutes also have separate entrance tests. Please remember that if you are going for 9 months program, you will be on M1 Visa and not F1.

Your Bachelor's degree in Computer Science might be sufficient if you have taken the pre-requisite courses prescribed by the institute.

Hope this helps.



Kunal Ambasht | EGE Global Education

Add a quick reply to 'Admission to a good sound engineering post-graduate course in the States.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.