One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Admission to PHD in USA????

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Original poster
  • Preferred study destination: United States
Sir, i have completed my Graduation in Agricultural Engg followed by an MBA in finance. can I be considered for PHD in Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Finance in USA based on these qualifications. Also i dont have any published research papers to my name nor any research proposal expect the one's required to be completed at the graduation and post graduation level..

Replies (1)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

Hi, Your profile is good and might be considered for PhD. But first you should make a Research Proposal based on what you kind of Research you would like to do. Send the Research Proposals to a few University Professors which offer PhD in your choosen line. If the Professor is interested in your Research, he will write to you back. The process is tedious and it might take a few months to get a Research Proposal approved. 

The other way around is to look for a MBA or MS in USA which offers your specilisation and later progress to a PhD. You would need to do a GMAT exam to go to USA. Alternatively you can look at Universities in Netherlands or Denmark which might offer MS or PhD programs and most Universties may not require GMAT. 

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit