One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Am I eligble to take up undergraduate (Associate in Science)?

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

I am 35 years old and did my graduation in commerce and MCA(Distance)
I am intrested to take up and Undergraduate Program (Associate in Science and Arts (ASA) in
Astronomy at Northwestern Michigan College 2014 or 2015)
Link here :
The requirement of this program is only IELTS, and i can easily clear that test.
My queries:
Am i eligible ?
What will be the total duration of this course in terms of total no years? 2 or 3?
Do I need to take GRE for the above course (as per the link)?

Replies (1)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

Please don't let your age discourage you. Higher education is always open to anyone at any age. Besides 35 is still very young.

The Associate Degree admission requirements are very flexible. You basically need a high school (Grade 12) to enter, and in most cases, the college will admit students of more than age 21 without high school. No GRE is required because this is not a graduate level program.

The Associate Degree is an entry level 2-year post-secondary program into any field. After the 2-years, one can enter a university for an additional 2-year of studies to complete a 4-year degree program.

As you already know that IELTS is the basic requirement and you feel confident of passing it - that is a very good sign. You will need at least 650 score.

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit