One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Backlogs and masters in Australia

• Salman Hadi profile image
  • Salman Hadi Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

I have completed my BE in information technology in May 2016. I have had 13 backlogs and one year gap during my engineering. All of those are cleared and I have my degree. Will this be a hindrance in applying for masters in IT in Australia ?

My total aggregate is 55% with 70% in the final year. I studied in Pune University where 65% is considered to be the distinction.

Replies (2)

• Rakhi Jain profile image
  • Rakhi Jain Participant

I think it won't be easy to get the admission and visa but it's definitely not impossible. The universities see all round performance of the student in the college, so if you have participated in college events projects or have taken leadership in any activity it might help. It also depends on the statement of purpose you write to them, of your really right a great SOP there is probability that they will give you a chance.  

• Rakhi Jain profile image
  • Rakhi Jain Participant

I think it won't be easy to get the admission and visa but it's definitely not impossible. The universities see all round performance of the student in the college, so if you have participated in college events projects or have taken leadership in any activity it might help. It also depends on the statement of purpose you write to them, of your really right a great SOP there is probability that they will give you a chance.  

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit