One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Can I do MS in canada even after having a MSc from uk?

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Canada

I have done MSc in civil engineering from uk that was a one year course which is no more recognised in India. I am hoping to do MS in civil engineering from Canada now. Will there be any problem for admission or Visa processing? 

Replies (1)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

Hi Nitin,

Greetings from Hotcourses India!

Thank you for query, Usually student who already gained an overseas qualification if they prefer to do further studies again in abroad, there will be a question for you from department/Visa Officer -WHY YOU WANT TO DO ANOTHER MASTERS in Canada. 

If you really have a valid reason for it and you believe that you can justify then you may apply for Canadian Universities. Must have strong standardized test score and Statement of purpose for admission and Visa.

If you have further queries please drop an email to my email id that will help me to provide you accurate assistance further.

Have a great Day!



Education Counselor


Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit