One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
Can we get Work Permit in UK after MBA ?
Raj C profile image Raj C Member Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 4 Points: 0
Dear Sir/ madam, I want to go UK for ACCA course but I come to know that after completion of this course we can't get work permit. Is it right? I have completed my BBA with 56% and i don't have any work experience and want to go for MBA for January intake. Please inform me about ACCA course and MBA in UK. It will be very kind of you if you provide me bit information about the ACCA course and MBA. I want to stay over there after completion of my Course which option is best for me?
  • September 24, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (3)

Selvin Noel David Selvin Noel David Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 7 Points: 70 Trusted Advisor

Dear Raj,

Many UK Universities offer an MBA for freshers. The entry requirements for these programs are uaually an upper second-class and and good level of English as evidenced by an English proficiency test (IELTS/TOEFL) or a 65% and above in your HSC English.

To name a few of the Universities offering MBA in the Jan/Feb Intake

1. Coventry University London Campus - MBA Global Business, course fees is GBP13780 .

2. University of Glamorgan (Wales) - MBA, Course Fees is GBP10200

3. University of Wales Newport - MBA with specializations in Finance, HR, Marketing etc Course Fees is GBP10500

4. Cardiff Metropolitan University - MBA with specializations. 

5. University of Bedfordshire - MBA with specialzations.

The Universities also offer some scholarship. 

All the best for your UK study venture.

Selvin Noel David | Counsellor Overseas Education
Rakesh Mehta Rakesh Mehta Contributor Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 15 Points: 160 Trusted Advisor

Hi,Post-Study Work route is  be closed from April 2012.

Important information on new rules:
Those graduating from a UK university with a recognized degree, PGCE, or PGDE will be able to switch into Tier 2.
There will not be a limit on these switchers.
They will only be able to switch if they are in the UK, before their student visa expires.
The normal Tier 2 requirements will apply, except for the Resident Labour Market Test.
Genuine student entrepreneurs with a great idea are able to stay on in the UK to develop their business proposition.

Current Rules:
On completion of studies, student can acquire two years work permit in the UK under Post Study Work Permit scheme with Point Based System.
The Points Based System (PBS) is a system for managing migration for those wishing to enter the UK for work or study.
Tier 1 (General) Migrant of the Points Based System was launched for foreign nationals living in the UK on 29 February 2008 and replaced the
Highly Skilled Migrant Program (HSMP). 


For more read UK Student Visa rules and procedures updated. 

Rakesh Mehta | Careers N' Options
Pournima Tupsoundare profile image Pournima Tupsoundare Member Join date: May, 2016 Posts: 1 Points: 10

Hello Sir

I have completed MBA in HR and Finance and want to take further certificate courses for HR in England as well as job apportunities for it. So please give me a good advice. 

Add a quick reply to 'Can we get Work Permit in UK after MBA ?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.