One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Certificate Program vs MS in Business

• Pooja Patel profile image
  • Pooja Patel Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Hi, I am finish my Bcom in India right now. I have been researching option to enroll into US university. I see most university (excpet elite 10) require 4 year bachlore degree. I tried to check where my degree may be evaluated, and it seems like it will be evaluated as 3 year bachlore instead of four. I see on your fourm you mentioned PG diploma can be taken in US, then enrolling into MBA program or other MS program. 

I have question regarding the PG diploma vs Certificate program. I saw few certification program at universities that was much interest. However, all certificate program seem to be part time. Do student from India can get student visa for such part time certificate program. Or I should stricly look at full time PG diploma options, are there any university that you suggest for PG diploma. 

Also, I intend to travel on visitor visa after I finish Bcom, can I have my status transferred from visitor to student if I am in US on visitor visa? 

Replies (1)

• Manju Prabakaran
  • Manju Prabakaran Expert

Dear Pooja

Greetings from Hotcourses !

Thanks for your inquiry with us !

Please update us whether  you are interested only in USA or any other countries . If only in USA , You can do your PG Diploma in Canada / NZL  in Business or Accounts related field and then apply for your Masters in USA .

If interested in any other countries , You  have options like Australia , UK , Singapore to do your direct Master degree .

Part time Certificate program available only for domestic students and not for international students .

No , You can't apply student visa while you are under the  Visitor Visa. You have to come back to home country  to apply for F1 Visa .

For further more details you can contact us on manju.prabakaran@hotcourses.co.in

Thanks and Regards

Manju Prabakaran

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit