One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

From where to study for the Pilot course? Is India or Abroad, better for Pilot studies?

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Original poster
  • Preferred study destination: Australia
Sir in India which are the Pilot schools and what is the expenditure in India and as well as in abroad like New Zealand,Australia etc. Reply me as soon as possible. Thank you.

Replies (15)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

When you speak about the pliot studies Australia, UK, Russia and New Zealand will be the best option. In India, you don't have advance technology in pliot training. The best university would be Brunel University for the pliot training. You will have the opportunity to carry out high-quality professional placements in the UK or overseas. They have very good links with local and international businesses, and furthermore, Brunel is situated only five miles from Heathrow Airport. You need to apply for ATAS certificate.

  • 115 institutions offering Travel and Hospitality courses abroad
  • View all
  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

Hi, To become a pilot, you need to do CPL ( Commercial Pilot License ) program. You can do this in India or abroad. The big advantage of doing abroad is the training schools have training runways whereas most Flying schools in India depend of National or International airports which are busy throughout the year making training aircrafts the least priority for Air Traffic Controllers.  Most students who go abroad are able to finish the CPL within a year whereas it could take 2 to 3 years to complete the course in India. You generally need to do the Theory for CPL and do about 200 hours of flying to become a Pilot in India.

Australia and New Zealand are good places for doing CPL. In the city of Canterbury, New Zealand, you have one of the oldest flying schools, The Canterbury Aero Club. The school started in 1928  is a good place to pursue CPL and it would cost about 60,000 NZ $( about 24 lakhs)  to do CPL. The general requirement is you should have completed 12th standard with Maths and Physics and should have done IELTS to enroll. You also should do a Class- I medicals to satisfy the Medical conditions. Do a program which consists of CPL with Instrument rating. You can complete the course within a year and then you can write the DGCA exams to qualify flying in India. Try this website



  • Chandu Naidu profile image
  • Chandu Naidu Participant


i'm from chennai. i have completed my 12th standard.i wanna go for cpl.i have convinced my parents that i would like to do it in abroad.i have a doubt that if i do my pilot training in abroad can i work for indian airlines? and suggest me the best flying schools in australia,uk.


  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

Sir , my son passed 12th and he is interested to get cpl .

will u please advise dgca approved best pilot training schools in Australiya and in canada 


  • Priyanka Saha profile image
  • Priyanka Saha Participant


Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit