One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

German student visa delay

• P B profile image
  • P B Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: Germany

Hello, I gave my interview for German student visa in Mumbai Consulate 9 weeks ago. In the interim, I received my extension letter from university, which I mailed to the consulate. They replied saying thank you and that my application is in process. It has been so long now, I was wondering how much longer can it take to get an approval? If anyone has any idea or has had a similar experience please let me know. THANK YOU.

Replies (4)

• Narendrakumar Selvam profile image
  • Narendrakumar Selvam Participant

Dear Student,

Greetings from Hotcourses!!

German visa will take minimum 15 days to maximum 60 days from date of the application. Kindly track the application every day through VFS website.

Link : http://www.vfs-germany.co.in/mumbai/track_application.html 

If you need any information please contact - narendrakumar.s@hotcourses.co.in

Regards

S.Narendrakumar

• Marie Cabinda profile image
  • Marie Cabinda Participant

My visa interview for Germany was on Jan 31 2018 and schools are starting in March 15. Still i have not heard any thing from the embassy. I message the consulate to follow up my visa and they told me they have not heard any feedback from the embassy. What should i do. I live in Dubai

• Brigette Ong profile image
  • Brigette Ong Participant
  • In reply to Marie Cabinda
  • 7 Months ago

My visa interview for Germany was on Jan 31 2018 and schools are starting in March 15. Still i have not heard an...

Were you able to make it on time? 

• Aamir Ganihar profile image
  • Aamir Ganihar Participant

I applied for a student Visa on January 9th, 2018. 15 days later the Consulate mailed me saying that they would have to carry out verification of the authenticity of my documents and it would take 8-12 weeks. My course has already started and I still haven’t heard anything from the Consulate. Anyone else facing a similar issue? 

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit