One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
I would like to do my UG in the US after my 12th std. Please guide me on this.
Harsh Luthra Harsh Luthra Member Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

how to get admission  for engineering (Btech) in US after compliting 12th with good marks 

  • August 28, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Ashwin Sriram Ashwin Sriram Expert Join date: Jul, 2014 Posts: 50 Points: 720

Hi Harsh,

It's important to select a top Uni in the US if you are opting to do your UG there. Additionally, make sure to check with the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to see if the university you select is accreddited and recognised by AIU (which is a part of the UGC). The reason this is important is because in the event that you plan to come back to India after your UG and take up a master's in India then your US degree will have to be accredited by the AIU for you to get entry into an Indian Uni. So plan this well and select your uni accordingly. The other option is you could do your UG in India and take up a Master's in the US which might save you a lot of money.

Consider your options well and if you need free guidance on picking a course, a Uni and then applying for it, drop by in one of our offices or register in Uniguru's new site - Hotcourses India.

Here, you'll get free guidance on all your study abroad needs.


Hotcourses India

Add a quick reply to 'I would like to do my UG in the US after my 12th std. Please guide me on this.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.