One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
How to get scholarship to study in USA?
Swapnil Vaish Swapnil Vaish Member Join date: Sep, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 2
I want to pursue post graduate course in USA .right now i am in final year.kindly give me the detail to avail the scholarship.
  • September 16, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Madhan Kumar Madhan Kumar Expert Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 601 Points: 9320

Hi Swapnil, the scholarships can be broken down into below categories.

Tuition waivers ,research stipend or a research assistant under a professor. Also,there are Various trusts and organizations like Bharat Petroleum, Rotary Club and other organisations are willing to fund students with endowments.

Apart from these scholarships, the Universities will itself offer scholarships based on the merit.. You can check out the scholarships to study in USA here..

Kunal Ambasht Kunal Ambasht Expert Join date: Jul, 2013 Posts: 36 Points: 540 Trusted Advisor

Dear Swapnil,

Just adding a bit to Praveen's informative response above.

Universities and other funding bodies are looking for candidates who have demonstrated a clear sense of direction in their respective areas of interest and they will test this through various means.

It sounds strange but the fact is that if someone starts worrying too much about free money and looses focus on his/her academic/professional work, it will actually hamper the chances of receiving any merit based financial aid.

Hope this helps.



Kunal Ambasht | EGE Global Education

Add a quick reply to 'How to get scholarship to study in USA?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.