One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
How to transfer college to us?
Sulove Timsina Sulove Timsina Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hello!I'm an engineering student recently studying in first semester at one of the college affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University.I want to transfer college in US I my third or fourth semester,so is that possible to do.I have heard about "credit transfer",is this the same process or what?If this is possible then please help me by giving all the information about it and it's procedure..Hope you will help me and hoping for positive answer from you guys..Thank you!!
  • January 10, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10670 Trusted Advisor

You can transfer from your current institution to a college in the USA through a student transfer program. It is very common to move to a university in the US post your first year. However when it comes to transfer of credit, it may vary from institution to institution so it depends on the college you choose to transfer to.

Here are some of the criteria that universities generally require students to meet:
•    The College you’re studying in must be recognized by the Ministry of Education or the AICTE  
•    The courses offered at the college you’re studying in must be similar in structure to the college you’re applying to.

The general procedure for a student transfer:
•    Students are required to submit all academic records.
•    Students must provide information on the total units required for the degree transfer.

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert

Add a quick reply to 'How to transfer college to us?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.