One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
I want to pursue Ms. Mechanical.
Daitva Bali Daitva Bali Member Join date: Jul, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi, I want to pursue MS in mechanical/Design/Product design/computational engineering. I want to study in USA can I get scholarship. My engineering % is 65.54% and I am working in design field from past 2years.
  • July 02, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Ramesh Rangachari Ramesh Rangachari Contributor Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 30 Points: 445 Trusted Advisor


You have not mentioned from which University you passed out.  Still, there are 3 forms of scholarships in USA namely the Research Assistantship (mostly awarded to Phd's), Teaching Assistantship and Gratuate Assistatship.  GA's are mostly awarded on merit by some of the Universities and TA's are decided based on your speaking score in TOEFL.  You need to target Universities to get scholarships.  Most of the students get in to some form of Assistantship, after completing one semester of study.


R. Ramesh

Ramesh Rangachari | Education Overseas Academy
Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9942 Trusted Advisor

Hi, If you want to pursue MS in USA, you need to write GRE and TOEFL ( IELTS also acceptable). Schoalrships are not easy to get but if you can llok at getting about 320 range in GRE out of 340, there is a good chance for you to seek scholarships. As my fellow expert pointed out, do well in TOEFL to earn a chance to get TA or RA's. Though your percentage in BE is not very high, you have work experience in the field of design and that migh help you get admissions in good Universities provided you are able to score well in GRE and TOEFL. 

GRE requires a fairly long preparation of 4 to 5 months and so prepare hard and get a good score. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'I want to pursue Ms. Mechanical. '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.