One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581


  • Prasann Rathod profile image
  • Prasann Rathod Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate

I am a secod year BE student. i want to study or rather do my MS from US, UK, or Australia. SO what do i need to prepare? IELTS? TOEFL? GRE?

Replies (4)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

Hello Prasann,

IELTS will be the test that you have to take if you wish to apply to USA, UK and/or AUSTRALIA. USA is flexible in choice and hence IELTS is preferred.

Best wishes,

Richard Lasrado

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

Hi Rathod,

Your test will depend on the University you opt for. It's better to first shortlist the Unis you want to apply to and then find out what tests you'll need to take. Otherwise, you might end up spending a bit of money to write one of those two tests and discover later that the Uni you want to apply for accepts another test score. Give these two articles a read to know more about IELTS and TOEFL:

If you need help shortlisting Unis or selecting a study destination then check these articles out:

If you want a more complete guidance on your study abroad plans then register on our site - and get free advice on any aspect related to overseas education.

Team Hotcourses India (formerely Uniguru)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

Hi Prasann,

You can take either of the two as they are both tests of English. Almost all the universities consider either of the scores. However, IELTS is what I would recommend! Let me know in case you have further questions! Happy to help!! 

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

TOFEL is the most important basic one and form the many things to an nature of working with it

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit