One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
Law courses in USA
Amitabh Roy profile image Amitabh Roy Member Join date: May, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am currently pursuing my Masters in Business law (Distance learning) from National Law School Bangalore & am a graduate in Economics from Gujarat University. I am currently working with an MNC as Manager Corporate relations and have 8 years of experience. I want to pursue Law in USA. What courses can I apply for, so that I could get into research. Can I directly apply for PHd or will I have to complete masters from US. And what is the kind of score required for applying for scholarship
  • May 30, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6050 Trusted Advisor

Hi, you have to complete your masters before applying to a PhD Law degree. If you have a master’s degree, then it may take less time to complete the PhD. It may take three to six years to complete this degree depending on the field you select.

There are some universities which give financial aid to outstanding students.

• The 'USA Fulbright Scholarships for International Students' provides financial aid for international students enrolled in post-graduate and doctorate courses in universities and academic institutions in USA. The scheme covers any area of study except for MBA and Medicine.

• Overseas Research Scholarships: This is open to any foreign student with a good academic merit. But, this is only a partial scholarship that covers the difference in the fees for a home student and international student.

• Commonwealth Scholarship Plan: This plan provides financial assistance for students from Commonwealth countries. The grant is available up to three years and covers basic expenses such as travel, tuition fee and living expenses. Additional allowance may or may not be provided for books and clothes.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'Law courses in USA'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.