One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Local government

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Original poster
What type of course would it suit for me to undergo Vocational education and Training in Australia? Taking into consideration of my profession mainly focusing on rendering services to local people and assessing their daily basic needs in collaboration with local elected leaders? Kindly advise me on this.

Replies (1)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

Hi, Diploma in Community Work or Social Welfare programs will be ideal for you keeping in mind the profile you mentioned. The Diploma of Community Services Work is designed to equip participants with the skills, knowledge and understanding to work in the community services/welfare sector in service delivery to clients, in a wide variety of settings. Graduates from this course provide a holistic approach to client needs including social, emotional, psychological and practical support.

Careers in community services/welfare work are both demanding and highly rewarding. Those seeking to work in community services/welfare should enjoy working with people and understand the nature of social disadvantage. Desirable qualities for community services/welfare work are tolerance, empathy, flexibility and well-developed interpersonal skills.
You can look at the websites of University of Western Australia, Swinburne, Monash, Victoria Universities for information about the courses. 

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit