One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

M.S in Software Engineering

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States
Hello Sir, I am Tarun. I am currently doing my BCA from India. After Graduation, I want to pursue my M.S in Software Engineering in the USA. I know that I would need a 4 year UG degree in order to get a M.S in USA but I found that some universities accept 3 year degrees too for e.g. Stratford University and University of Bridgeport etc. I am willing to do a PG diploma after my UG to complete the 4 year requirement. I found SJSU very tempting because of it's location, academics and its proximity to a large IT companies. Could you please suggest me some good universities according to my major? I'd prefer the west coast (California) over the rest of the US. I will prefer California, because it would be easy to find an internship or job upon graduation in Silicon Valley. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies (1)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

With my 12 years of counseling experience, I can let you know that it depends on your research and your communication with the department of the USA University of your interest that will help you find more such USA Universities in California. San Jose State University (SJSU), California State University (check each campus of CSU), International Technological University (ITU), etc are few more universities in California that you could check for for education qualification acceptance. 

Further your PG Diploma may not be acceptable as 16th year of education and need to be checked with each USA University of your interest before you register for your PG Diploma course. Most USA University may accept first year of MSc in IT from recoginized local university as your 16th year of education. You will further find that some USA University will ask you to complete your MSc for admission acceptance. I wish you luck!


Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit