One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Masters in Mechanical Engineering with 68.9% and 19 (history of backlogs)

• Ramesh Bhatia profile image
  • Ramesh Bhatia Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Canada

Hi, 

I am looking to pursue my masters in mechanical engineering although I was quite a bad student academically. My focus during my bachelors was largely into mini projects, idea generation and Technical challenges in Projects. This led to my academic grades suffering quite a lot and I accumulated 19 backlogs ( attempts ) I managed to completed 2 papers after about 12 attempts themselves.

My Problem is with the academic scrutiny of the colleges i apply to, I already completed my IELTS and scored overall 8 (R-9 L-8.5 S-8 W-7). I am about to write my GRE examination on the hopes that it would help me in anyway with my application and am hoping to score above 315 atleast hopefully 320+.

Do I have a chance with a worthy Masters Admission and if so which country should i be looking into ?

Replies (1)

• Ashmeet Kaur profile image
  • Ashmeet Kaur Participant

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you for your Query. unfortunately, you will not be Ekigible to look for the countries like Australia, New Zealand & canada but you may find few options in USA & UK. Also UK does not require a GRE score. So Iwould suggest you to please share your documents at ashmeet.kaur@hotcoursrs.co.in. Once I receive your documents, I will share the list of universities with you for UK. 

Regards

Ashmeet Kaur

Hotcourses Team

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit