One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
Migration from one university to another
Nikita Negi profile image Nikita Negi Member Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
Hello, As I have been suggested either to apply for the next session (spring) or to get the visa on the basis of I-20 received from International Technological University and then to migrate after first semester to another university, I would like to know that after completing my 1st semester, I will be supposed to apply for second semester in another university? And when should I apply for this, after getting my GPA? Or before appearing for the exam? Is it a time taking procedure or a smooth one, if I have GPA 3.0 or above? And last question is will I have to apply for the same program or can I go for some other even from the beginning means (1st semester)? I will be glad if provided with an answer as soon as possible
  • August 28, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (1)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6050 Trusted Advisor

Yes, But only few universities accept it. Different universities follow different rules. Generally speaking universities expect you to complete the first semester with them. So, most of the universities allow transfer after the completion of first semester.
An international student ( F1 Visa )transferring from one university to another university is common in USA. A transfer of a student’s SEVIS record from one institution to another allows a student to keep his or her unique ID number, and maintain this number for the duration of his or her stay in the US is critical for keeping your legal status.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'Migration from one university to another'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.