One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
Sudhakar K profile image Sudhakar K Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Can a MA Mass Communication and Journalism degree through distance education do an Mphil or PHD in the same line in the US? If yes, what is the procedure?
  • March 06, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9957 Trusted Advisor

MPhil or PHd from a good University is not available through online or Distance learning mode. If you are keen on pursuing Phd, you should generally have a relevant Masters Degree, have some years of experience in the right industry and then approach a University with a good Research proposal about what Research you intend to do, the methodology, the expertise you can provide for the research etc and start dialogue with a professor from the University. Once the professor approves the research Proposal, then the student can apply for scholarships. Funding for Phd is generally available once the research is approved by the relevant Professor. View the Universities in the USA offering PG Mass Communication courses.

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Mphil/PHD'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.