One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

part time jobs

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate
What type of part time jobs we have to do while studying in USA.

Replies (2)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant


The following are the normal part time jobs available apart from the RA's and TA's.

1. Grader Positions in Mathematics Department, if you are good in Mathematics.

2. Working as assistant in Library, Labs, International Student Office, Administration etc.


  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

Hi, Most international students in the United States hold an F-1 visa, which is the U.S. non-immigrant student visa. F-1 students are allowed to work in the United States, but only under certain conditions and in accordance with complex guidelines and restrictions issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).

Generally, all employment is contingent on remaining within the terms and restrictions of your F-1 visa. There are several categories of employment during the term of your stay as an F-1 student in the United States. On-campus employment is the most freely available, and then there are four categories of off-campus employment: optional practical training (OPT), curricular practical training (CPT), severe economic hardship, and approved international organizations.
On-campus employment is the category most freely permitted by the USCIS regulations, and it does not require USCIS approval. The definition of on-campus employment includes:
• Work performed on the school's premises directly for your school (including work affiliated with a grant or assistantship).
• Work performed for on-location commercial firms which provide services for students on campus, such as the school bookstore or cafeteria. (Employment with on-site commercial firms which do not provide direct student services, such as a construction company building a school building, is not deemed on-campus employment for the purposes of the rule.)
• Work performed at an off-campus location which is educationally affiliated with the school. The educational affiliation must be associated with the school's established curriculum or related to contractually funded research projects at the post-graduate level. In any event, the employment must be an integral part of the student's educational program.


Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit