One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Ph.D Electrical Engineering application from UK

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States
I am an International student studying MSc in UK. I want to do Ph.D in USA. Can I make an application to university from UK. Where do I have to take visa interview either in India or UK.

Replies (1)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant


PhD admission in USA is limited to few merit based students that have research profile or have good years of experience. However, it depends on how many such profile student apply and hence your profile has admission chance in USA Universities. However, admission is difficult for PhD and hence it will be good idea to also apply to universities which offer integrated MS-PhD program besides PhD applications. Apply to more universities to improve your admission chances. 

Yes, you can make application from UK and further you need to arrange documents to courier them i.e., transcripts, letter of recommendations, etc. You further need to take GRE exams and in few cases GRE Subject exam. You could further find few USA Universities asking for TSE and TWE exams for PhD admission. Check with individual university to know the admission procedure or there is possibility that the university application will provide these details.

Regarding visa interview, if you have stayed in UK for more than 6 months than I assume that you could take the student visa interview from UK. However, it is always safe to check with the USA Consulate located in UK before making confirm decision.


Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit