One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

PhD in usa.

  • Samala Venkatesh profile image
  • Samala Venkatesh Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate
If a student has done masters in UK and want should he do for PhD in USA, will he be called International student or domestic. What is the fees structure?

Replies (2)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant


It does not matter from where you have taken the Masters Degree.  You will be considered as a Domestic Student, provided you are a US National. Otherwise you will be considered as an  International Student only.  Most of the Phd's are fully funded.  Your overall academic profile, GRE Scores and Research experience will be taken in to account, before an admit is given by the University.

  • Richard Lasrado profile image
  • Richard Lasrado Participant


You are international student as you do not hold USA citizenship. It does not matter whether you study in UK or in USA, your student status will not change to domestic.

Your UK Masters is valid for USA PhD. Admission for PhD will depend on your profile and your interest area. You will have to do research with individual USA University to know the interest area they offer for PhD and to meet the admission requirement. It is further very important that you correspond with the USA University professors where you have applied to improve your admission chances. I hope this helps. Good luck!



Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit