One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Planning to do 1 year pg diploma in Australia.

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia
Planning to pursue 1 year Pg Dip in tourism. I want to know whether I will get work permit after one year. And also want to know if I do masters for 1.5 years will I get work permit in Australia?

Replies (2)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

Hi, all postgraduate courses are for 1.5 to 2 years duration in Australia. There are many universities offering courses on Tourism in Australia.  International students seeking to work in Australia after their education have to apply for the work permit from DIAC (Department of Immigration and Citizenship). You can do part time work for 20 hours per week. Students can also obtain a Work Permit along with the student visa itself, for which the total fee is AUS $ 540 (may be changed from time to time) but international students must apply for Tax File Number an 8 or 9 digit number issued by the Australian Taxation Office (TFN) before applying for a job in Australia.  Many universities in Australia have Job Access it’s a special service provided for international students to find jobs. And also you can find jobs in newspaper, online and from events and job fairs.

  • Satyajeet Ghoshal profile image
  • Satyajeet Ghoshal Participant


Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit