One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

I have a problem after adding my surname to my name. How can I solve it?

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Hello !! My doubt is regarding name change. Problem is that I completed BTech in June 2014. Before applying for passport in July-2014, I added surname in my name. The passport has arrived showing my name and surname. Now I want to take GRE and admission abroad with my full name- including surname. But all my BTech Documents and other certificates are holding my Name without Surname. Therefore will there be any hinderance with added surname. Do I need to add my surname in all BTech Docs/Certificates or Not ? And, the SOP and LORs should be written with new name ?? Please Advice !!

Replies (2)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

Dear Aman,

Hope you are fine.

Thanks for the query.

The universities have no problem if your bachelor marksheets do not have the surname on them.

This issue can be dealt with at the time of filing the visa, we can use an affidavit as a proof that both the names belong to the same person.

We can help you with the same.Kindly get registered on the website or contact us on 011-49196900


Khushboo Gera

Team Hotcourses India.

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

I agree with Aman




Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit