One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Study Gap 6 Years Acceptable in abroad?

  • Anand Kumar profile image
  • Anand Kumar Original poster
I passed my 12th in 2006 & now 2012 so there is 6 years gap.I want to go abroad for studying in Hospitality and tourism Management. My IELTS is also cleared with overall 6.5 Bands. i have 6 years work experience in hospitality field. I want to know i m Eligible according to my gap for study & Embassy also proved my visa? but last year i applied for canada but my visa got rejected

Replies (121)

  • Gigeo Sakkaryas
  • Gigeo Sakkaryas Participant

Hi, It will be an issue if you have finished education and sitting idle all along. But in your case, you have been working and so is not considered to be a Gap. Canada's visa policy is quite stringent and Visa rejection is quite common. You can try for countries like New Zealand or Singapore or Ireland whose visa sucess rate is quite high. Your IELTS is pretty good and if you can look for a good Diploma or Bachelors with Internships, then it can lead to PR in New Zealand. 

You are definitely eligible and just need to check on the right country. Seek guidance from a good Education counsellor and have a couple of alternatives. 

  • Charanpreet Kaur profile image
  • Charanpreet Kaur Participant


i completed my graduation in 2009, after that having 2 years of experience from 2009 to 2011. after that i got married. i score 5.5 band overall in ielts. is im eligible for study visa for australia as i have a gap  from 2012 to now. 

kindly reply.

  • Revathi M profile image
  • Revathi M Participant

I completed my b.e in information science in the year 2008, and its 2013 now thinking to do ms in computer science in USA,  started preparing for GRE . Staying in USA from 2yrs one H4 visa, 6yrs gap in studies will affect getting admission or what.? Kindly reply .

Thank you.

  • Harish Kumar profile image
  • Harish Kumar Participant


 I have completed my graduation in 2005 and then I started working as an Asst.Prof in a college till the date and now I have applied for Masters in US and what are my chances for VISA please help.

  • Gurpreet Singh profile image
  • Gurpreet Singh Participant

i passed my 12th in 2004 and i have one year diploma in Computer in 2005 & now 2012 so there is 8 years gap. I have 8 + year experience in IT field. I want to go abroad for studying. My IELTS is also cleared with overall 6.5 Bands. I want to know i m Eligible according to my gap for study & Embassy also proved my visa? And i want job for any other country.


Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit