One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
Study in Australia
Ashir A profile image Ashir A Member Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
Hi, I am bachelor of computer sciences. If I go for Diploma in information technology (1 year duration) or like in Australia, can I get work permit or apply for resident permit? Please advise, it will be a great help Regards
  • August 13, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9957 Trusted Advisor

Hi, You need to do a 2 year program to qualify to work in Australia or to get a PR. I would advise you to take up a good Master program in IT which is of 2 year duration. You also get priority if you can study in Regional University and will give you additional points for PR. 

Popular Regional Australian universities are :

University of Ballarat
Central Queensland University
Charles Darwin University
Southern Cross University
University of New England
University of Southern Queensland
University of South Australia
Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Study in Australia '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.