One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Study in South Korea

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate
I am planning to do Masters from South Korea. What are the requirements for getting into top universities there? What are the job prospects and work visa after the studies?

Replies (1)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

Hi,  for the Masters’ program, the candidate should have completed 16 years of education. You need to  have TOEFL iBT score of 79 to 80 or IELTS 6.0 or more for the admissions. You should submit self-introduction statement and plan of anticipated study; a reference/letter of recommendation; proof of graduation and transcript of modules studied; along with your application.

The Korean university academic year begins in late February and to early March. Most Korean universities admit new students twice a year.  For Spring semester starting in March applications are usually opened from September 1 to November 30. For Fall semester starting in September applications are opened from April 1 to June 31.

There are two types of graduate schools in Korea. Generalist graduate schools offer programs focusing on academic research. These schools offer masters and PhD programs. Master of Business Administration programs accept degrees from a number of majors, but require two to three years of work experience for apply.

A student visa (D-2), is a prerequisite before departure for South Korea and may be obtained from the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in India, New Delhi.

Students, who wish to extend their stay in Korea beyond the period of their visa, should apply for a visa extension prior to the expiration date of stay otherwise they would be fined for violation the law. Students who have completed their course here are also eligible to apply for an extension of visa, one year for M.A. students and two years for Ph.D. students after completed their coursework.
You can contact the Embassy, for further information.


Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit