One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
study physics in USA Guide me for the process
Achyuta K profile image Achyuta K Member Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
i am doing my bsc in bangalore. i had quit my academics after 12th standard, now i've joined to undergraduate regular course after 4 years break, i have taken physics maths n electronics. i dnt have too high scores in 12th std i've 78%(i didnt study seriously). i am confident of scoring well if i take gre subject test. what are the chances that i can get admissions at universities like mit and caltech, if i score well in my undergraduate?
  • September 28, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9942 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Universities like MIT, Caltech, etc require students with high UG academics and a good GRE score of atleast 320 and above to qualify. Your 12th marks are Ok but focus on building your Personal profile with Paper presentations, do Industry internships, do Community service and make sure your final semester project is very quality and innovative.

Make sure you prepare for GRE well ahead of time and apply for these Universities atleast an year in advance.

Wish you all the best.  

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'study physics in USA Guide me for the process'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.