One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Studying a second degree in Germany

• Adam Leo profile image
  • Adam Leo Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate

Hi there, 

I am planning to study a second degree in Germany. My original degree is in Engineering, which I obtained from a Malaysian university. Therefore, I would like to get answers for a few questions that I have:

1. Are there specific requirements/challenges for people who want to study a second degree in Germany?

2. Do I need to apply using my first degree or using my high school diploma? 

3. Generally speaking, is it easier to get an admission for a Master's program or to get an admission for a second degree?

Replies (3)

• Suchandra Majumdar profile image
  • Suchandra Majumdar Participant

In Germany bachelors are mostly available in German taught and limited options are in English taught. So if you are planning for Second bachelor in Germany this is the challenge.

Yes you apply with your first bachelor degree giving valid reason why are you looking for second bachelor degree in Germany.

Germany has a state funded education system and limited seats are available in public universities so to get admission

at the bachelor or at the masters level you need to have a very good academic profile.

• Unnati Nagar profile image
  • Unnati Nagar Participant

hello sir,

I want to study my higher education in reputed european university regarding to Biomedical engineering, so, Which country and university are better for masters. I'm in 3rd year in Biomedical engineering right now. should I appear for GRE or not?

regards... 

• David Mike profile image
  • David Mike Participant
  • In reply to Unnati Nagar
  • 4 Months ago

hello sir,   I want to study my higher education in reputed european university regarding to Biomedic...

Hello,

You need to clear with IELTS/TOFEL/GRE OR GMAT to apply for any European Universities. The best places for international students are Germany, UK/London. 

For PG courses: students are expected to have at least 70-75% from a reputed Indian University. They are also required to appear for GRE (by some Universities) and a score of above 300 should do the needful. Also, it can boost a student's profile if he or she appears for the course even though the University has not requested for it. IELTS (6.0) or TOEFL (100) is also required.

The courses meant for international students are called International study programs and are taught in English. Hence, students looking for courses exclusively in English must look under the section specified above for their course or under ‘Internationals'. Unless a student has sound knowledge of German language no point in opting for courses taught in German otherwise. Some courses also have the option of doing the dissertation in German for which students need to prove their efficiency in German beforehand.

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit