One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

How to go for a UK visa?

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Original poster
  • Preferred study destination: United Kingdom
Plese give me tips to get UK visa

Replies (3)

  • Madhankumar Kumar
  • Madhankumar Kumar Participant

Hi Kathees, you have to get a Tier 4 (General) student visa to pursue full-time education in the UK. For detailed steps and procedure on applying for a UK visa.. check out the article at Uniguru blog page - Applying for the UK Student Visa

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant


       To apply for UK study Visa which is called tier 4 student visa you need to have 40 points according to point base system of UKBA, how these points will work is.once you get a offer from any trusted institute from UK you need to enroll by providing all the conditions mentioned in your offer and fees payment after which the institute will send you a CAS number and letter caled "conformation of acceptance for Studies" 

Having the CAS letter you will accumulate 30 points, besides these you will get 10 points for your maintance funds which calculated as: any tuition dues+ the first 9 months living expenses.


The living expenses you need to show si according to the standard cost calculated by UKBA which is 800 pounds permonth if your Institute is located outer side of central london and if you your institute is incide the central london its calculated as 1000 pounds per month .


For Example:

If your course fees is 10000 pounds and you have paid a deposit of 3000 and your institute is located in central london then you need to show funds of 7000 ( due fees)+9000(9 months X 1000)= 16000 pounds equvelent funds either by an loan issued by any nationalized bank to you or you can show funds in your account or of your parents only.


Please note that any liquid funds meand either bank balance or Fixed deposits which can be encased at any time no other savings are considered.


And if the funds are in B/B or FDR these must be held 28 days before you visa lodgement.


The above are the procedure you need to follow or paln much before you start your process.

remeber to take a TB test before you are dropping your visa as its a compulsory requirement: to find neareast medical test center kindly check UKBA site for details.

Once you have all these simple you can go the online form fil up, and doenload VAF 9 and apendix 8 forms fill them and attach all your original acads mentioned in CAS letter along with your English(Ielts/Toefl/PTE scores if you have) then the CAS letter along with the BAnk letter confirming the funds and type of funds . remember the bank letter must have the logo of the bank with contact and address detials on it must be counter signed by the authrized personal.


Hope the above info will help.good luck.


  • Ankit Vyas profile image
  • Ankit Vyas Participant

You can apply u.k visa for applying you can check u.k visa elegibility rules on u.k immigration website .

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit