One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

want to join Ph. D course in Construction Management

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States
I am BE(Elect) 1973 batch and have 38 yrs experience in Industrial Turnkey Project Execution in India. I want to join a Ph. D Course, preferably by research, in USA. It should be economical too. How to select suitable University and How to proceed?

Replies (1)

  • Anonymous profile image
  • Anonymous Participant

To do a Phd you need to have a Research Proposal about what kind of research you want to do,  what kind of Methodology you want to adopt, the expected research finding, etc and send it to the specific departments of Colleges or Universities. You can find the email ID's of the professors and send them the proposal. Some professors might not find it interesting and a few might email you back with clarifications. 

Once a professor accepts your research proposal, then ask if there is funding available for your education. If so apply for admission and funding. Once your admission is confirmed, do apply for visa. In general you need to commit about 3 to 5 years. 

Scholarships are available for Ph.D programs and with your wealth of work experience, you can seek admissions. Apart from USA, you can look for a few Universities in Netherlands, Sweden or Germany. In general most Universities in USA requires you to have a GRE score to apply for PhD. European Universities in general may not require GRE ( some Universities require). 

PhD applications in general are quite a exhaustive process and might take 6 to 8 months to gain admissions. 

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit