One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

What chance does an '80%' class 11 student has in getting selected to a US university

• Arohi Srivastava profile image
  • Arohi Srivastava Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate

I  have always been an average student scoring in the range of 70-85%. With the exception of Board's examination where i scored 90%. How is that kind of score regarded by the colleges in USA?? I want to study Astronomy.

Replies (1)

• Padma Sampath profile image
  • Padma Sampath Participant

Hi

For admission in US universities grade sheets of IX to XII std are assessed. For Indian students the admission committee would give importance to your board exam resuts,i.e your X and XII std results.

If you would like to apply to US universities during your XII std, you might be required to submit projected score report for XII std from your school. Please note that apart from your academic performance, consideration is given to your extra-curricular activities, community work etc,. Also, SAT/ACT scores are required for admission in top ranked universities. Since, you are interested in Astronomy, good scores in SAT subject tests in Physics and Maths would be an added advantage.

Hope this helps!

Please write to me at padmapriya.sampath@hotcourses.co.in or call at 044 4399 5200 -Extn-299 for any furthe queries..

Wish you all the best!

Thank you

Padma

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit