One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Which type of job experience I require?

  • Anurag Beniwal profile image
  • Anurag Beniwal Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

I am in final year of my engineering. My branch is electrical and electronics. I want to do MBA for my PG course also I want to drop a year. So I am in dilemma that which type of job experience I require. It should be technical or related to management?  

Replies (2)

  • Kanimozhi K.L
  • Kanimozhi K.L Expert

Hi Anurag,

Since you are looking for MBA, it would be relevant if you have experience in Management or related field. Also, some Universities in USA will need 2 years of work experience, so plan accordingly. 

All the best

  • Ruth Lauener
  • Ruth Lauener Participant

Hi Anurag,

As Kanimozhi has said, managerial level work experience is typically what you will require.  However you should be careful to check the requirements of each University.  Some will require none however some will require a few years of post-graduation work experience.  At Sheffield, for example, we require at least 3-5 years of work experience and we have to ask for this because of our Triple Crown Accreditation.  So it's always worth checking what each University's indivudual requirements are.

The work experience is very important as it allows people to share their experiences and learn from each other.

Best wishes,


Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit