One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581

Would 20 Lakhs be enough to support my studies and other expenses abroad?

• Thaakif A profile image
  • Thaakif A Original poster
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate

I have taken an education loan of 20 Lakhs from a private Indian bank, for my higher studies abroad. Is that enough to support my studies and other expenses abroad? If no, how much do I need more?

Replies (1)

• Dodli Nandi profile image
  • Dodli Nandi Participant

Hi - If you want to study a bachelors in Canada in fields like Humanities, Business & Management, Engineering and Computer Science, you need INR 7 to 15 lakhs. If you want to study masters in Canada in any of the above fields, you need INR 10 to 23 lakhs. Besides, you need to keep some additional money in hand for your expenses. So, considering the programme you choose - yes, it is possible to survive in Canada with 20 lakhs. You can read this article for more information- cost of studying in Canada

If you are looking at Ireland, you will need nearly INR 8 to 24 lakhs, depending on which programme you select. For Australia, you need INR 8 to 33 lakhs depending on either bachelors or masters programme you select. So if you consider all these possibilities, you might be able to manage well with 20 lakhs in those two countries. You can read this - cost of studying in Australia

Feel free to call or e-mail us for more information. We'll put you in touch with our study abroad experts, if you need further help. Thanks!

Add a comment

Make sure your reply/comment follows the community guidelines.

Preview and Submit