One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
Kavitha Vijeyavelan
08 Dec 2014 5.3K 1 min Share

Scholarship schemes for students aspiring to study in Singapore

Talks about scholarships which are available for Indian students to study in Singapore and how to go about it.

08 Dec 2014 5.3K 1 min Share
Here we have a look at the scholarship scene in Singapore. Students who’re keen to apply for scholarships must start the application process a year before. Usually scholarship deadlines are set a year before the commencement of the course. Students should be aware of the scholarships that are provided by the Ministry of Education, Singapore besides the institution scholarships. Some scholarships target academic excellence and some depend on the schools that students are applying to.
In instances where schools don’t offer any specific scholarships for students, students will have to mention along with their application that they would like to be considered for a scholarship. Scholarship deadlines will then be the same as the application deadlines.
The only schools that offer specific scholarships are NTU, NUS and SMU. NTU and NUS don’t popularly offer what would be termed as scholarships but they focus on subsidising of the fee. 
In case students are applying for third-party scholarships and not through the university, they should enquire for details themselves such as the deadline of the scholarship since the university site may not have the required information.
For students who are academically bright but still unable to obtain scholarships for their first year of study, there could be a fee waiver available or students may be given a stipend, given that they continue performing excellent academically throughout their academic year and maintain a good CGPA in the required semesters. 
In Singapore, there are not too many specific scholarships but more of tuition waivers and stipends issued by the schools or the universities.

Is this article useful?