1 800 103 2581
International Merit Scholarships
Incoming international freshmen applicants and international transfer applicants with fewer than 66 transferrable semester credits.
You must submit your Undergraduate Application for Admission and all required transcripts, financial documents, and examination results before you may apply for the International Merit Scholarship, as we will review your application file as part of our scholarship consideration.
Once you have submitted your application for admission, you may then complete the International Merit Scholarship Application Form. Please be sure to use your name exactly as it is entered on your application for admission so that we can match your scholarship application to your undergraduate application. You will use this form to upload your current resume or CV (in PDF format), type your essay, and send the letter of recommendation form to the person you have asked to provide it. (These items must all be submitted using this form. We will not accept any scholarship materials via email or post.)
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) comparable to a minimum of 3.0 out of 4.0 (B)
- The SAT is not required, but if submitted, it will be considered
- A resume or CV listing your achievements
- One letter of recommendation
- A 500-word essay. You may write something that will help the committee get to know you better and tell us why you deserve the award, or you may answer one of the questions provided on the scholarship application form
- Applicants must be international students and must have completed an international application for admission.
Gold: USD $8,000/year (renewable); Cardinal: USD $4,000/year (renewable)
1 October 2017, 1 March 2018
Return to Iowa Generations Scholarship
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to receive the Return to Iowa - Generations Scholarship:
- Students who have a parent, step-parent, legal guardian, or grandparent who graduated from Iowa State University with a bachelor's, masters or doctoral degree.
- Students who enroll at Iowa State University as a new full-time, nonresident, undergraduate student beginning summer or fall term.
- Completion and verification of the scholarship application form.
Students can apply online.
Value of scholarship
96,750 a year
The Generations Scholarship is worth USD $6,000
1 March 2018