1 800 103 2581
Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) - PhD
- To be considered for a provisional nomination you must be found eligible/unconditionally admitted by the University of Twente. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must live and work in one of the countries on the NFP country list. The country list consists of 51 countries prioritized in a category 1 or 2. If you are from a country prioritized as 1, your chances to be provisionally nominated are slightly higher. NFP priority is also given to Sub-Sahara countries and female applicants.
- You must be nominated by your employer to be considered for nomination. This means you will need to provide an employer’s statement. You can download the mandatory format of this letter here. You must not be employed by an organization that has its own means of staff-development or is considered a large business.
- You must supply a motivation on why you wish to be nominated. Please see the format for motivation here. For NFP certain priorities have been indicated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, such as Food Security. It is advised to clearly state your affinity and interest in one of the priority areas for NFP in your country.
- If you work for a government entity, you might be required to submit a government statement. Please check this listing if you are required to do so. You can download the mandatory format of this letter here.
Application for an NFP scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for study entry. Regardless of funding you will need to register for your PhD trajectory first.
Please contact the provider
Expected October 2017
Professor de Winter Scholarship
This scholarship is only available to excellent female students in the fields of:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Human Media Interaction
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
You cannot apply for a Professor de Winter scholarship yourself. You need to be nominated by your faculty, after you have applied for the University of Twente Scholarship (UTS).
€ 7,500 per year for the full duration of your Master's programme
Expected March 2018
ATLAS Scholarship Fund
- You have been admitted to the ATLAS programme
- You display a strong motivation and have outstanding academic results.
- You maintain good academic results throughout the programme and graduate within three academic years.
- You are an asset to the community of the University College Twente in terms of excellence or in terms of diversity within the University College Twente student community.
- You are unable to attend University College Twente without an ASF Scholarship. International students must prove their financial need with a budgetary proposal, or by sending copies of the salary statements of both parents (or legal guardians) and recent tax returns.
Applicants can apply online.
EU/EEA or Switzerland students: between € 2,440 and € 4,880 for the academic year; Non-EU/EEA students: between € 5,940 and € 11,880 for the academic year
1 May 2017
ASML Technology Scholarship
To qualify for a ASML Technology Scholarship, candidates must at least fulfill the following basic requirements:
- (Nearly) completed B.Sc.
- An up-to-date resume
- List of academic transcripts of the last two years (with at least 7.5 average on a scale to 10)
- Proven record of extracurricular activities showing entrepreneurship and drive
Applicants can apply online.
Financial support of 5,000 euro per year for both years of the full-time master’s programme