1 800 103 2581
University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship
- The Scholarship is open to international students.
- Doctoral Scholarships are open to students enrolling in a Doctor of Philosophy or a Doctor of Musical Arts, and in Part 2 only of a Doctor of Education or a Doctor of Juridical Science.
- Scholarship applications will only be considered once the applicant has received an Offer of Place to study for a doctoral qualification at the University of Waikato
- A candidate will normally be seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification.
- A candidate already enrolled in a doctoral degree at the University of Waikato can apply. However, the Selection Panel will favour applications from new doctoral candidates. Should an enrolled candidate be successful, the Scholarship tenure may be reduced.
- Applicants should normally be intending to study full-time at the University of Waikato
Applicants must submit an “Application to Enrol” to apply to study a doctoral qualification at the University of Waikato prior to, or at the same time as, applying for a Doctoral Scholarship.
The value of the Scholarship shall be a living allowance of up to NZ $22,000 per annum
30 April 2017
University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a particular country from the regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, South East Asia, Middle East, Africa.
- be enrolling for the first time into a Certificate of University Preparation (CUP), foundation studies, undergraduate or postgraduate programme (taught) at the University of Waikato,
- not be classified as a domestic student
- be in receipt of a Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato,
- have met the English language requirements for admission, or completed a Certificate of Attainment in English at the University of Waikato, prior to beginning studies,
- be commencing full-time study in the year of tenure and be intending to study at the University of Waikato for a minimum of 12 months,
- be residing in New Zealand for the tenure of the scholarship,
- not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body , and
- not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement or on a study abroad and student exchange agreement.
Applications must be submitted along with: an Application to Enrol (ATE) to the University of Waikato and must include a grading scale of your qualifications (this can normally be found on the reverse side of your academic transcripts), or a Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato; and, personal statement.
Up to NZ $10,000 towards tuition fees
FASS Study Abroad Fees Scholarship
For international students who are enrolled at a university that has a Study Abroad agreement with the University of Waikato, and who are intending to enrol as a Study Abroad student in the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences at the University of Waikato.
The value of the Scholarship will be up to NZ $3,000.