The basics
Study abroad : Applying to University

How can an International Office help you? [VIDEO]

How can an international office at a university help you when you're applying or enquiring? Find out in our video interview with the University of Sheffield's Jane Ashcroft. See what her day is like and how she helps future international students

share image

How can an International Office help you? Watch the video here:


Find out the following:

  • What is their role?
  • What's an average day like for an International Office staff member?
  • What advice can they give/questions can they answer?
  • How do they work with current international students?
  • What can they do if they don't know the answer to a student's question?
  • What's the best part of their job?



Watch the rest of our videos at the University of Sheffield:

Studying an MBA in the UK


Studying Law in the UK


Studying Finance in the UK


Studying in the UK


Begin searching for courses, universities and scholarships in the UK


Have a look...

University of Sheffield

Search for a course

Choose a country
Study level*
About Author

author image

Paul Ellett is the editor for Hotcourses Abroad. His role is to plan, produce and share editorial, videos, infographics, eBooks and any other content to inform prospective and current international students about their study abroad experience. When he's not thinking about student visas in Sweden and application deadlines, Paul is an avid fan of comedy podcasts and Nicolas Cage films.

Must read

IELTS vs. TOEFL: Which should you take?

If you aren’t a native English speaker, you’ll almost always be required to sit an English language proficiency test as part of your application to study abroad at an English-speaking university. The two most accepted English language tests worldwide are the International English Language Test System ( IELTS ) and Test of English as a Foreign Language ( TOEFL ).   Whilst both accurately test your level of English and are widely accepted across over


International English Language Testing System (IELTS)

When you apply to study abroad for a programme taught in English, you may need to complete a language proficiency test to prove your English is of an acceptable standard. Whilst different universities may require you to meet specific entrance requirements, your International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test score will be commonly accepted at institutions in the UK , USA , Australia , New Zealand , Hong Kong and Ireland .   Read our