The basics
THE USA: Applying to University

'Should I go to community college first, or straight to university?' [VIDEO]

Should you attend community college, or head straight to university for an undergraduate degree? See what an international student who has done both thinks, including what you can gain in the long run.

share image

'Should I go to community college first, or should I go straight to university for undergraduate study?'

This is a question we commonly hear from students who are planning to study in America. Taro, a Japanese student who has studied at both levels, discusses what you can gain from both options in the video below. If it helps you, give it a LIKE. There's some useful links after the video too.

So, should you get an associate's degree and transfer for further two years to gain an undergraduate degree? Or should you just begin with undergraduate study at a university?


Watch more clips from our Hangout with Taro:

‘How can I make new friends when studying abroad?’

‘What myths about studying in America are NOT true?’

‘What classes can I take at community college?’

‘What’s the difference between community college and university?’

‘How can study abroad improve your career prospects?’

‘Why study a graduate course in America?’

Useful links:
What is 'community college'?
Browse associates degree courses in America -
Browse undergraduate bachelor's courses in America -

Taro's YouTube channel

Study in the USA


'Study in the USA' eBook

Enjoy what you’ve read? We’ve condensed the above popular topics about studying in the USA into one handy digital book.

Get your eBook

Must read

article Img

Top tips on how to apply to universities in the USA

The application system for universities in America is unique in several ways and can be quite hard to grasp. But don’t worry, we’ve spoken to international students and professionals from within the industry, to give you all the information you need. After reading this, you’ll know everything about how to put together the best application to universities, so that you can make your dream of a study abroad adventure in America finally come true!