One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
Advice on furthering education
Mofe Rewane profile image Mofe Rewane Member Join date: Jul, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I secured third -class in my Engineering and wish to further my education in Australia. Do you have any advice for me as to which courses would be best? Thank you.
  • July 24, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (2)

Sasidharan Nambiar Sasidharan Nambiar Expert Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 130 Points: 1935 Trusted Advisor


Good Morning!

By third Class I suppose, you mean above 50%. And if so, you could look at universities like Central Queensland, James Cook University, etc. But for this, I would like you to let me know which department you are specialized in Engineering. You could even look at Grauduate Diploma courses in Petroleum Engineering.

All the best!

Sasidharan Nambiar | IMTP Consultants
Masud Hasan Masud Hasan Contributor Join date: Jul, 2012 Posts: 19 Points: 235 Trusted Advisor


Greetings from the Global Education Service!!
When you are thinking of studying abroad you should always keep that in mind that after completing the course the country sould have enough jobs available for the same field you will study. Therefore it recommend to go through the shortage skill jobs in Australia and accordingly you should choose one of them.
Skill Shortage List of Australia - Engineering Sector
Chemical Engineers. 
Civil Engineer 
Quantity Surveyor
Structural Engineer 
Transport Engineer
Electrical Engineer 
Mechanical Engineer 
Mining Engineer (excluding Petroleum)
Petroleum Engineer
Good Luck.


Masud Hasan | Global Education Service

Add a quick reply to 'Advice on furthering education'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.